15 questions with The Deputy General Manager of Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, Siraj Waseem
Mar, 29 2018
Calling out to all the lovers of Coco Palm! Get ready to note down some great tips for your perfect holiday, from the Deputy General Manager of Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, Siraj Waseem.
1. Tell us, how it feels to wake up and sleep in a Maldivian paradise every day?
Coco Palm is all about reconnecting with nature I am lucky that I get to do that every day. It’s a blessing to sleep to sound of nothing except for some gentle waves and to wake up to lush greenery to the cool breeze of fresh air.
2. What is your typical island morning ritual like?
My day begins with casual strolls around the island and making sure everything is in order for the day’s operations. Then I kick-start the day with a fresh glass of carrot juice just before waving of our first departure guests, followed by the morning meeting with team.
3. Snorkeling with Mantas or turtles?
Mantas of course!. Coco Palm is located in rich waters where Manta rays are frequently spotted. They are truly breathtaking, every manta experience is a moment that I cherish
4. Located in Baa Atoll, the waters around Coco Palm is one of the richest in the Maldives, what are your favourite diving spots around the island?
Hanifaru Bay. A short boat ride from Coco Palm, this UNESCO biosphere reserve is protected by Maldivian government and is a sanctuary for lovers of manta rays and whale sharks.
5. If you are on the island as a guest with your family name top three excursions you would recommend?
Morning fishing, dolphin watching and a private picnic or overnight stay on Embudhoo island, are must do’s.
6. Recommend a father-son duo activity on the island?
A set of tennis game or dives to one of the spectacular diving spots around Baa Atoll.
7. You were here with us during the very early days of Coco Palm, name one thing that still hasn’t changed?
The Coco Palm charm and its natural beauty is timeless! Sometimes I feel I am reliving exact moments from 15 years back.
8. Lagoon or beach villa and why?
Lagoon villa for it’s spacious bedroom, privacy and the amazing views.
9. Best location to watch the sunset from?
From the conch bar beach as that’s the only spot where you can get a perfect stunning sunset without any interruptions.
10. What is your recommended sunset drink from Beach Bar?
Of course the homemade Mojito (virgin) – so refreshing and soothing!
11. What is the most popular experience among guests?
Our guest love the private BBQ dinner on Embudhoo island and I highly recommend to experience it at least once.
12. Three tips for first-time guest visiting Coco Palm?
An intimate overnight escape to our private deserted island, Embudhoo
Taste the aromas and flavours of our famous beach BBQ
Dine at our Thai special restaurant (Cornus Grill & Restaurant). try out our beach BBQ dinner under the stars, and do try at least one dinner from our signature restaurant (Cornus Grill & Restaurant)
13. Your go to dinner food from Cowrie buffet?
Homemade pasta, Baa atoll reef fish carpaccio and I never miss varieties of dishes cooked in our live cooking station.
14. Is there a specific location to star gaze from the island?
Yes! Beach near Cornus is the perfect location.
15. Five words to describe Coco Palm way of life?
Rustic, laidback, charming, natural, and rejuvenating.