Celebrating World Cocktail Day 2023
May, 14 2023
In honour of World Cocktail Day, we’re ready to reveal the secrets behind one of our liquid delicacies on the island. Gadhakoalhi "Golden Basil," was created by Thusitha, one of our talented bartenders at Coco Bodu Hithi.
Gandhakoali “Golden Basil”
60 ML Silver Tequila
25ML Agave Syrup
60ML Fresh Pineapple Juice
60ML Basil Juice
30ML Lemon Juice
Fresh Pineapple Chunks
Glass Used: Mojito Jug
1. Add ice to your mojito jug or glass to chill.
2. Make fresh pineapple juice and basil juice separately by blending pineapples and fresh basil leaves with some water. Blend enough to make 60ml of liquid for both pineapple and basil juices. Leave aside.
4. Throw out the ice in the mojito glass and add pineapple chunks to the glass, followed by lime juice and agave syrup.
5. Muddle all the ingredients together in the glass with the help of a muddler. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the back of a spoon to crush the pineapple in the glass.
6. Fill the glass up with a lot of ice, pour in the tequila and give it a gentle stir.
7. Top up with your fresh pineapple juice and basil juice.
8. Garnish with pineapple leaves and basil sprig.