Easter Pudding Recipe
Apr, 15 2019
Easter is just around the corner, and we are delighted to share with you a traditional Easter pudding recipe, a dish that is commonly served during this festive period. This particular Easter pudding recipe is courtesy of Chef Indika Prasanna, the Executive chef at Coco Bodu Hithi.
175g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
175g self-rising flour
140g light brown sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange
2 eggs, beaten
25g natural glacé cherries, quartered
25g mixed peel
Serves 6 individual puddings.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Butter up 6 individual pudding basins and line the bottom of each with a small circle of baking parchment.
3. Sit them in a deep roasting tin and boil the kettle.
4. Place the butter, flour, sugar, zests, and eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and whisk with an electric hand whisk until it gets combined.
5. Stir in the dried fruit, and then divide between the moulds.
6. Carefully pour hot water from the kettle into the roasting tin, until it comes about one-third to halfway up the sides of the moulds.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer pushed in comes out clean.
8. Turn out the puddings and pour over some of the nutmeg custard as well as add a grating of nutmeg to season it up.
9. Serve straight away.